Download Augustine's Laws by Norman R. Augustine PDF

By Norman R. Augustine

This article is a suite of fifty two legislation that disguise each region of commercial. every one legislations formulates a house fact approximately company existence, equivalent to, "One-tenth of the contributors produce over one-third of the output. expanding the variety of individuals only reduces the common output". one other instance of 1 of "Augustine's legislation" is legislations quantity XI, "If the Earth can be made to rotate two times as speedy, managers may get two times as a lot performed. If the Earth can be made to rotate 20 occasions as quickly, every body else could get two times as a lot performed considering the fact that all of the managers may fly off".

Show description

Read or Download Augustine's Laws PDF

Best aeronautics & astronautics books

Skystreak, Skyrocket, & Stiletto: Douglas High-Speed X-Planes

;Skystreak, Skyrocket, & Stiletto: Douglas High-Speed X-Planes ВОЕННАЯ ИСТОРИЯ,ТЕХНИКА Название: Skystreak, Skyrocket, & Stiletto: Douglas High-Speed X-PlanesАвтор: Scott LibisИздательство: forte PressISBN: 1580070841Год: 2005Страниц: 148Формат: PDF в RARРазмер: forty seven. 08МБЯзык: английскийGas turbine expertise gave delivery to the turbojet engine in the course of the Nineteen Forties, ushering within the jet age.

Art of the Helicopter

"The concept and dynamics of helicopter flight are complicated and for the uninitiated, tricky. yet during this ebook, British helicopter pilot and technical writer John Watkinson units out to simplify the ideas, and clarify in lay-man's phrases how a helicopter operates. utilizing pictures and over four hundred diagrams, all features of rotary flight are lined together with the historical past of rotor-craft, helicopter dynamics, rotors, tails, energy crops and keep watch over.

Computational Models for Turbulent Reacting Flows

This survey of the present state-of-the-art in computational types for turbulent reacting flows conscientiously analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of many of the suggestions defined. Rodney Fox specializes in the formula of sensible types in place of numerical matters coming up from their resolution. He develops a theoretical framework in accordance with the one-point, one-time joint chance density functionality (PDF).

Orbital mechanics and formation flying: A digital control perspective

Aimed toward scholars, college and pros within the aerospace box, this booklet offers functional info at the improvement, research, and regulate of a unmarried and/or a number of spacecraft in house. This ebook is split into significant sections: unmarried and a number of satellite tv for pc movement. the 1st part analyses the orbital mechanics, orbital perturbations, and perspective dynamics of a unmarried satellite tv for pc round the Earth.

Additional resources for Augustine's Laws

Sample text

With the basic airframe, but rather with the immaturity of jet engine technology. "Kelly" Johnson, in his early essay, "Development of the Lockheed P-80A Jet Fighter Airplane", acknowledged this when he noted: "It is natural that service experience with such a new type as the P-80, involving so many new features, would bring to light a host of new problems. The lack of propeller slipstream on takeoff and in low speed maneuvers has been confusing to pilots trained in conventional aircraft. The lack of dependable means for preventing engine overspeeding has overstressed turbine wheels in many cases.

Pan American, after the war, had only half-seriously reviewed Lockheed's proposed Model 189, which was the projected commercial Constitution. To have been powered by four 3,500 hp Pratt & Whitney TSB3-G versions of the original R4360, it would have been capable of accommodating 129 day pas- Insufficient power proved the Constitutions' Achilles Heel. Proposals to upgrade their engines or rep/ace them with turboprops were never brought to fruition. 35 TP-80C full-scale forward fuselage and cockpit mock-up.

Some 75% of the original aircraft were utilized, with the remaining 25% to be made up of totally new parts. Typical of a Skunk Worfcs-type effort, the first Model 780 was ready for roll-out in no less than fifteen weeks. Initially referred to as an ETF-80C and then as an ET-33A (with the "E" prefix for Exempt, rather than Experimental), it and its stablemate to follow were generally— but not officially—acknowledged to be designated YF-94 (interestingly, subsequent modifications to the second aircraft resulted in it being formally redesignated YF-94 during April of 1950, EYF-94 during January of 1953, and finally EYF-94A during September of 1954; this aircraft still carried the last mentioned designation when it was dropped from the Air Force inventory during February of 1956).

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.27 of 5 – based on 38 votes